Thursday, December 06, 2007

Teenmag Interview With Audrina Partridge

Teenmag: Are you ever surprised by what the producers choose to focus on?
Audrina: Yeah, sometimes what we want them to focus on is not always what they want to. They have something else in mind. When I moved into my room, I had this huge box of shoes and I was like, "Agh, I need to put these away. I need to put them on my shoe rack." I was getting ready to put them away and they were like, "No, leave 'em, leave 'em! We want to watch you dumping them out and putting them away as part of moving in." I didn't want to just leave the box sitting there. So stuff like that, they come up with ideas for what they want and you might not necessarily agree, but you just do it.
Teenmag: Were you at all nervous when they first approached you to do the show?
A.P.: I was lying out by the pool and I talked to the producer, Adam, and he said they were doing this show. I was like, "Wait, is it one of those dating shows? Because I'm not into that!" So when we first started I met Heidi by the pool and I was nervous. I wasn't used to cameras everywhere. And you're in a bikini walking around with all of these cameras on you. First season it took me a while to get used to it, but now I don't even care anymore. And it's also like a second family with all of the camera guys and the crew.
Teenmag: How has your life changed since the first season aired?
A.P.: I think I've definitely matured more because it makes you grow up faster. You're dealing with producers and directors all of a sudden. You're trying not to mess up and be a good role model for your fans and do the right thing. But besides that, just getting recognized all of the time and getting a lot more opportunities, whether it is modeling or videos. Little things like that.
Teenmag: Are you still working on modeling and acting?
A.P.: I am, kind of, but once I started working on The Hills I kind of stopped doing that and I just did The Hills and worked. Filming takes up a lot of your time and for anything else you want to do — I got a couple of opportunities photo-shoot-wise that are coming up, and my agent had to clear it with production and fit it in. So it's really hard. It's not as easy as it was when I could be like, "Yeah, I can do it. Tell me when I need to be there!"
Teenmag: Did working at Epic Records turn you on to the music industry more?
A.P.: I have always been into music. That's my number one passion. I've been offered by producers to go and mess around in the studio and I'll go in there and do it for fun. I just love going to concerts. A lot of the guys that I date and my friends are all in bands. I'm always around that. I love that energy. Everyone in the music industry is so fun and laid-back. But I worked at Quixote and I got to see the modeling part of that. That's easy money. You go in there. You get pampered and you have your picture taken. Then working at Epic I got to see that side of the industry. And that's definitely something I would want to do in the future, but now I want to get in touch with the movie industry.
Teenmag: What music do you listen to?
A.P.: I love everything, but I really love rock music. Incubus, Augustana, Nirvana, Chevelle, iHi-Hi-Fi, they're my really good friends. I love Jamie. But then I also love '80s just to rock out to.
Teenmag: How has life been since you and Lauren started living together?
A.P.: It's so much fun. We've been getting the apartment together and cleaning. We've been going to Home Depot a lot. We went last night because we bought all of these shelves to put in her room. We bought a saw and all of these big pieces of wood. We're do-it-yourself girls. We don't need guys to help us! If anything, we'll call our dads and they'll help us. It's fun living with someone who you can always do stuff with. We get along so well and we take turns cooking and go shopping all the time.
Teenmag: It's nice having a live-in best friend.
A.P.: It is, because at my parents' house in Orange County I have two sisters and a brother, so I was constantly with someone all the time. When I moved out, I lived by myself for two years and I hated it because I was used to being with someone. It's more comfortable now having a roommate!


Copied from The Laguna Beach Hookup

No comments:

Apture